- Health Net
- Horizon NJ Health
- Other Private Insurance
Patients are accepted by appointment and walk-ins between the hours of 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. on Monday - Friday. Also every other Saturday from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. Patients are encouraged to make appointments for medical services to avoid long waiting times.
We work to help patients in need of private transportation so that all of our services are accessible. Therefore, we provide local or distant pick-ups if needed through Samuels Transportation, you can reach them at 973-766-1303.
How to Become a Patient
Entry into to Bessie Mae Womens & Family Health Center is achieved by completing a patient registration with a staff member or volunteer. In order to schedule a financial screening, please contact us at the number below.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT AVAILABILITY IS LIMITED AND CALLING DOES NOT GUARANTEE AN APPOINTMENT.**
Patients must provide the following requirements for registration:
- Photo Identification
- Proof of Address
- Social Security Card
- Insurance, Medicaid or Medicare Card
Tips for a successful first time visit
- Arrive about 15-20 minutes before your appointment so you can complete the registration forms.
- It is best to call for an appointment so that we can plan for your visit and maximize your convenience. You can either come in to the Health Center, or call ahead for an appointment. Patients with more serious conditions that require emergency care should call 911.
- If you must cancel or reschedule your appointment, kindly call us as soon as you know that you cannot make the appointment. We can use your appointment slot for another patient.
- Please make sure that your contact information (telephone, email, mailing address) is updated in your medical chart in the event that we have to contact you.
+ PATIENT SURVEY $ DONATE NOW
Call for information regarding Open Enrollment Period for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
If you or someone you know in New Jersey needs health insurance, please share this Web site with them for information about in-person assistance: www.covernj.org. It’s always a good idea, especially in inclement weather, to call first to verify hours of service. Please call for more information.
For sites throughout New Jersey, visit www.covernj.org.
FYI, The Health Insurance Marketplace Call Center is available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week for questions and enrollment assistance at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325).
If you reside in New York State, you may also go directly to The New York State of Health website at https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/